Linda of Darkroom Dolls nominated me for the "Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award". Here are my answers to Linda's 10 questions:
1. Do you collect anything other than dolls?
Well, if you ask my kids, I collect lots of things! I collect artwork done by my kids and memorabilia of their childhood. Of course, though, my dolls are the items I collect the most avidly.
2. Why did you start a doll blog?
In May of 2011, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I had many a sleepless night after the diagnosis and I spent a lot of time on line browsing the web trying to get as much information as I could about my particular type of breast cancer. One night, I stumbled into a doll blog called "Dollies Series" which was Adrian's blog before she changed the name to "The Waverly's". It took me a while, but I read all of her blog entries from the start of her blog. This lead to finding other doll story blogs such as Van's Doll Treasures, Roville and more. I found the doll blogs very intriguing and it gave me a break from thinking about my cancer. After a while, I began leaving comments and got to know some of the blog authors, who encouraged me to start my own blog. I started my blog in the summer of 2014. BTW, I have been cancer free for 4 years now!
3. Do you have one particular doll that is the favorite in your collection?
I have many dolls that I love, so it is hard to pick a favorite. I do treasure my vintage Platinum Blonde Bubble Cut Barbie from the early 1960's. While she is not MY original doll, she is just like her! My first Barbie was this doll. She went everywhere I did, even to school! Me and my sister played with our Barbies for hours on end. This treasured doll is a favorite since she is representative of my first doll and the quest to find her is what got me into collecting dolls.
4. Your favorite doll accessory (American Girl or other)?
Can this be something I made? Well my favorite homemade accessory is the black & white bathroom sink and vanity I made for the Gordon house. My favorite purchased accessory would probable be the Jonathan Adler pink sofa for Barbie.
5. Do you know exactly how many dolls you have in your collection (you don't have to tell the number of course :-) )?
No, I do not know exactly how many dolls I have in my collection, but I would guess upwards of 500 dolls.
6. Do you play any instruments and if so, what?
No, I do not play any instruments. I wish I did though!
7. Where is your most favority place you've ever been?
8. What is your most favorite thing about yourself?
Physically, it would probably be that I look a lot younger than I am. People are always surprised when they find out my real age. I also like that I am pretty crafty. That helps a lot with this hobby!I have many favorite books and movies. I love animated movies and one of my favorites is "How to Train Your Dragon". I am also a huge fan of the Avengers series.
9. Favorite book or movie?
9. Favorite book or movie?
10. If you could design your own doll, how would it look like?
There are so many beautiful dolls out now that I would be hard pressed to top them, but if I could design my own doll, it would probably look like my daughters. Asian features, with long black hair, a little shorter than Barbie with full articulation.
My questions are:
- Do you collect anything other than dolls?
- Why did you start a doll blog?
- What is your grail doll?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you travel to?
- What kind of music do you like?
- How did you get started collecting dolls?
- What are your feelings about doll articulation?
- Do you know exactly how many dolls you have in your collection?
- What type of dolls do you collect? (American Girl, Barbie, Fashion Royalty, etc.)
- Do you set up dioramas for your dolls or do you keep them in display cases?
My nominees are:
1. Smaller Places
2. Cindi Mortensen of Moreville Life and Times
3. Male Doll World
4. Jewell of Doll-Lightful
5. Miranda of One Sixth Avenue
Of course, participate only if you desire! I had fun answering the questions, I hope you do too!
Have a great day!