Just to refresh your memory, I started with the cardboard corner that was part of the packing material for an appliance I bought last year. I cannot remember what appliance I bought, but I certainly could see the makings of a sofa. I have 3 more of these, so if this works out, I will do more!
First, I covered the couch with batting. This was pretty easy. I left the bottom and the seat area uncovered. The seat area will get a cushion later.
Next, I covered the seat area with a piece of an old pillow case.
Next, I started covering areas with the faux leather. I sort of figured this out as I went.
I am not going to show you each tedious little step, so here it is with all of the pieces except for the cushion. I burned my fingertips several times with the hot glue putting this together
I glued 2 kitchen sponges together to make one long cushion, cut it down to the size I needed and then covered it with the faux leather. Here is the sofa with the cushion in place.
Here it is from the back:
I still need to add legs and make some throw pillows. It's not perfect, but I think not bad for my first try. I think the next one I do will be with fabric. That faux leather was not that easy to work with. I hope the Gordons will like it!
Thanks for looking.