Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Quick Update

Just wanted to touch bases with you guys real quick as I may be absent from the web for a while. Tomorrow I am going in for a procedure on my bladder. It is supposed to be a very quick insertion of some implants that are supposed to make my bladder function better. 

Sometime after that, I will be set up for a trial procedure (assuming the insurance company approves) to put in a spinal cord stimulator. This is supposed to help with my back and lower extremities pain. The goal is to make my pain at least 50% better and to give me some of my mobility back. If the trial works, then I will get a permanent implant. I am a little nervous, but I want to be able to do more things including getting downstairs to work on my doll projects.

So far, I have breast implants and 16 sets of screws in my upper and lower back. With these additions, maybe I will soon be bionic! Sometimes I wish I could just do a body swap like we do with our dollies! 


17 comments:

  1. I'm wishing everything goes well, and your back (no pun blah..) to yourself soon. I to suffer from back problems that is because of a car accident years.... ago. GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the note. Wishing you health and healing! Mend and be well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Phyllis, sorry to hear about your health challenges but you seem to be keeping a positive outlook on it all. I hope that the procedure goes well and that you will also find relief for your back pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up. I would certainly have worried if there were no posts for an extended time. I pray that all goes well with both procedures and for a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry you are having so many health issues. Know that I am sending healing wishes to you and heart healing for anyone who might be concerned about you! Waiting for your PAINFREE return!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wracaj szybko do zdrowia i do nas, Phyllis!
    Pozdrawiam serdecznie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you all the best an a speedy recovery, Phyllis. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Phyllis, I'm really sorry to hear you're having this problems, I'll look forward from hearing from you soon!
    A huge kiss Billa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoping all goes well and that you will soon be pain free!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Phyllis, I hope that your procedures are successful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my. Hopefully everything went well and you are recovering comfortably right now.
    Hugs,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello from Spain: I wish that you're good for your health problems. Good luck and courage.We keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Phyllis,
    Sending good healthy, happy thoughts your way. I've heard really good things about the spinal cord stimulator and I really hope the insurance approves it for you. Farrah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish you well, Phyllis. Hopefully, you'll be up and running again soon!

    ReplyDelete