Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Busy Life!

If you follow me on Flickr or Facebook, you will know that things have been pretty busy for me lately. Both of my daughters have their birthdays in May. For Hannah, it was a milestone birthday -- she turned 18! Here she is at 18 years of age. These are her senior pictures and she took so many beautiful photos it is hard for me to select a favorite! 







Alyssa turned 22. Her look gets more androgynous each year. She has her own style. She gets her hair basically shaved a few time a year. It grows back so fast, you won't even know it was shaved in a month! She will be starting her last year of college in the fall, so her life is very hectic. She is home for the summer, but is working a lot. I am happy to have some time to spend with her though! Here she is at 22:



This is a big year for Hannah. She will be graduating in just a few days. They had their senior class walk out on Tuesday. This is where the entire graduating class puts on their caps and gowns and makes their last walk through the halls of Clarkston High School as students. The halls are lined with underclassmen, parents and siblings to "clap" them out! Here are a few photos of the walk:




That was also her last day of school. Her graduation ceremony will be on June 4th and her graduation party is on July 21st. I still have so much work to do to get ready for that!

Additionally, her prom was held this past Wednesday. The amount of prep we put into this was incredible. It almost felt like I was getting her ready for her wedding LOL! The dress shopping (she tried on so many!), then finding her perfect dress and ordering it. And the wait for it to get here! Remember my last post on the route it took to get here? Delivery Frustrations. Then alterations. They were actually pretty extensive. Even though we ordered the dress a size smaller than what she usually wears, it still was too big and required major taking in and hemming! I do sew, but the alterations were so extensive, we decided it was better to have them done professionally. On the day of the prom, she got her make up professionally done. To save a little money, she asked me to do her hair. Then a photo shoot of her with her friends at one of their homes which was on a lake and the "traditional" photos done at a local municipal park! Whew! Some photos for your enjoyment and/or entertainment!













While there are not any "doll" photos in this post, I think there are some really beautiful life like dolls in it! Oh, and BTW, although Prom day was over all too quickly for Hannah after all the prep, she did have a wonderful time! Me? It was all I could do to hold back the tears! My baby is so grown up!

Next post will have some photos of my latest doll adventures!

Thanks for stopping by!


22 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Hannah and Alyssa! You have two beautiful daughters Phyllis! The prom dress was definitely worth all the hassle, Hannah looks stunning! I must say that I like all the prom dresses of the young ladies on the photos, and the young men also look very handsome! I also like Hannah's hair a lot, you did a splendid job :-). So nice to see this post, I wish we had such events here as well, it's a fantastic way to conclude the school years :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree with you about the prom dress. She had a great time too, so it is something she will remember and cherish forever!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful post! Congratulations to your wonderful daughters and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you and your family! Hannah looks beautiful in her dress! You have every reason to be a proud momma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To wspaniałe, jaką masz piękną Rodzinę! Obie Twoje Córki są śliczne i możesz być z nich dumna! Życzę Wam powodzenia!
    Gratuluję i serdecznie pozdrawiam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughters are beautiful! Congratulations! Hannah looks great at the prom,it was worth all the trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post!! Congratulations to you and Hannah!! I know that you are proud! Happy Birthday to them both! The pictures are all lovely! Her prom dress is gorgeous! I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Georgia Girl! Red is definitely Hannah's color!

      Delete
  7. Your both daughters are wonderful women. Prom dress is great, I'm glad the whole story ended so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your daughters are both really pretty. And as you say...they are the real dolls of your house. Best wishes for bright futures for both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your daughters are so pretty! I can't belive you have such grown up kids. I hope she had fun at her graduation ceremony, and you must be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't believe they are so grown up either! I told my oldest that I feel like she should still be about 10, but she is 22 and a young adult now. The graduation ceremony was very nice. Hannah really enjoyed all of the activities surrounding it and want to do it all over again! She leaves Monday for a 10 trip to Hawaii with the family of her best friend. She is so excited! When she gets back, we will be doing the final prep for her grad party!

      Delete
  10. Congratulations to you and to your lovely daughters. Thanks for sharing their happy faces. Always pleasant to see happy faces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you enjoyed seeing my photos of the graduation.

      Delete
  11. Your girls are beautiful, just like you are, Phyllis.. I am so warmed by the photos and story you shared... Much love from over here <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Phyllis, I'm stopping with doll collecting (it's a hard but for me necessary decision), so I just want to thank you for your suggestion of sending me the body for the Fashionista. I won't need it now obviously :-). Thanks for your many years of friendship, and I will keep dropping by on your Flickr account to catch up with your collection. Much love and hugs, Linda (Millicent And Friends)

    ReplyDelete
  13. moc wspaniałości dla Ciebie i Twych Córeczek!!!

    ReplyDelete