Pages

Monday, January 22, 2018

So How's The Doll Room Coming?

I am making very good progress on the doll room, but I haven't taken updated photos yet! Soon, my friends, soon! In the meantime, I thought you might like to see my latest body modification. 

I wasn't able to find the Barbie And The Rockers violinist anywhere in my area and the prices on eBay and Amazon were more than I was willing to spend. I did find her violin for only $3 and I had Fashionista # 75 Seeing Stars. She has the same facemold as the violinist although her skintone is a bit darker. She also has red hair which was close to the same color as the violinist. Seeing Stars is on an original body and the violinist is on a curvy body. As luck would have it, I had a spare Curvy body in the needed skintone, but I wanted to have her articulated. I also had a WWE Superstar body that matched the necessary skintone. So my brain started turning! After seeing many extreme hybrids done by John Pickles and other very talented kitbashers, I decided to get out my box cutter and give it a go. Here she is, my violinist on an articulated Curvy body! 

WARNING! NUDE DOLL PHOTOS BELOW!

Here is the finished doll! Look how she can hold and play her violin! Note, the violin is attached to her hands via clear rubber bands.

You go girl, play the violin!

Here is a look at her without her violin.

The next couple of photos show all of her joints. She have the torso, upper arms and thighs from the Curvy body. The lower arms and hand and the lower legs are from the WWE Superstar donor.

She can move well!

The view from the rear -- not so bad!

Here she is seated. She has pretty good flexibility. NOT MTM, but good and much better than no articualation at all. I am quite please with myself! 😁

I even gave her the beauty mark - just a dot with a brown Sharpie!

So what do you think? She is excited to show off her new body to the rest of my Rockers!
I really do like how she turned out! I will definitely be "making" more Curvy hybrids! What can I do next? We will have to see. When I do this again, I can take photos of the process if you guys would like to see how I did it!

Thanks for stopping by!

39 comments:

  1. She looks great! I’m scared to try arms and legs... Looking forward to seeing the doll room when it’s ready!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was too, but I figured I had enough Curvy bodies to practice on! The doll room is getting there. I can't believe how much stuff I have!

      Delete
  2. Hi Phyllis!
    I've never done arms and legs. I'd love to see how you did it. I look forward to seeing your doll room when it's done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it! The next time I do this, I will take photos of the process and post them!

      Delete
  3. Wow, she turned out really well! I wouldn't of thought to pair those two bodies together, but it works perfectly! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am pretty happy with how she turned out!

      Delete
  4. Awesome job!! Please share how you merged the two bodies. She looks great!! I am also looking forward to seeing your doll room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! I already have the next candidate for modification and her "donor"! I still have a lot of work to do on the doll room, but will post progress photos soon!

      Delete
  5. Jestem zachwycona efektem! Doskonale to wygląda! Dziewczyna zyskała artykulację i piękne dłonie i stopy z paluszkami! Super! Koniecznie pokaż jak to zrobiłaś :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it! I will definitely share my process!

      Delete
  6. I would also love to see a tutorial! She looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Things are coming along really nice. I do like the beauty mark on her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beauty mark is the first face painting I have done! LOL!

      Delete
  8. Wow, Phyllis, your transplant skills are on a whole other level!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks, Jewell! I really like how she turned out.

      Delete
  9. Great job, Phyllis! She turned out well. Lucky woman to now have articulation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The articulation gives her so much more playability!

      Delete
  10. She looks great and yes, please, I would love to see photos and details of the process. It sounds extremely intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, you are very good at body customization! But like the others, I don't think I have the courage to try this. The beauty mark is an interesting way to distinguish a doll, especially when someone (like me) has so many of the same doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the closest I've gotten to face painting, LOL! The body mods don't scare me so much any more, but face painting does. But I think is do a pretty good beauty mark, don't you? ;-)

      Delete
  12. This is awesome! I still have yet to try something like this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do really like the way that it worked out! I got tired of waiting for Mattel to do something!

      Delete
  13. It is so cool that you can create a hybrid body. I'd pull a body apart and that would be about it. A body in pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, I have had a few epic fails along the way!

      Delete
  14. Hi Phyllis
    i love how she turned out, her hair color is one of my fave
    congratulations you did a GOOD job <3
    So difficult for me to find a curvy doll near,would love her articulated as wells i saw one on Ebay,but not the style doll i was looking for.
    Would be nice to see how you did the transformations,i don't no even how to change the dolls heads' am afraid of damage her neck lols
    Thanks for share this lovely result
    have a nice week
    xx
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you like them! I will be working on some more this weekend, so I will take pictures of the process and post a tutorial soon.

      Delete
  15. The body mod is fantastic but I wish the WWE gals didn't have such big feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I know what you mean, but I'll take the big feet as long as I get an articulated Curvy in the bargain! I did cut off the feet on one of my Baby Sitter Club dolls that I put on a Project MC2 body and gave her some jointed ankle feet from a Barbie that had articulated ankles but stiff knees and arms. That worked out good!

      Delete
  16. Very intresting modification. You've done a great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fantastic job you've done with articulating this curvy beauty! You have given me some ideas, for sure! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like her! I look forward to seeing what you do!

      Delete
  18. She looks great. Yes please share💜

    ReplyDelete
  19. mam kilka WWE z uwagi na Ich ciekawe twarze -
    teraz będę biła się z myślami, by swoim
    zaokrąglonym pannicom (mam ich ok.30) też
    jak Ty - zafundować świetne ciała :)))

    ReplyDelete